Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

september days

It’s a new school year!

DSC07015

Look at this big 1st grader!

A British friend of ours put a photo on facebook of his son’s first day of school. His son, Elliot’s age, was wearing his school uniform of a blue blazer, sweater vest, tie, and hat. I thought about Elliot in his rock and roll t-shirt and camo pants. Hmmm.

It’s hard to see, but he’s in his seat on the ‘carrot’ bus.

DSC07017

And this young lady is going to school too!

DSC07021

Preschool a couple mornings a week.

Even with his new busy schedule, Elliot is still making time for one of his favorite pastimes.

DSC07022

That is one awesome spaceship.

DSC07023

Sophie and I spent one afternoon at Pennings farm market.

DSC07024

Looks like autumn!

DSC07025

We got down to some baking one day.

DSC07027

Chocolate zucchini bread – one of our favorites!

DSC07029

The first few times I made this, I snuck in the zucchini without the kids seeing. But now I just grate it right in front of them, and they haven’t voiced any protests. They just know they like the final result.

DSC07031

My colleague Phyllis gave me this recipe years ago. It’s a winner

DSC07035

DSC07033

Making lemonade.

DSC07047

“Goodness gracious, this kitchen’s a mess!”

DSC07049

One of our other favorites – salmon pastry with pesto.

DSC07050

Food photography is tricky. Sometimes there’s a fine line between something looking delicious and disgusting. Not sure about that pesto oozing out. But believe me, it’s delicious!!

No comments :